[procps] Re: procps changes

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:29:48 -0500

On Sep 29, 2011, at 6:04 PM, Craig Small wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 09:10:26PM +0200, Sami Kerola wrote:
>> The following changes since commit f43de0df19567d5d312cb722a83ee709d791bde6:
> Is this at the HEAD of your git repository or do I need to specify a
> specific version.  I was going to merge this weekend (thankyou for your
> instruction on how it is done).

That's in the email -- it's the commit representing:
   Added 'vm_swap' variable nullifying....

If you've added Sami's remote as 'sami, when you do the merge just specify the
branch as sami/ng.

Locally, my merges have initially shown in date order with a merged message on
top.  However, after I do a git rebase --interactive (but don't change
anything), the commits are reordered.  All of Sami's changes then appear after
your last commit (9/25) and the merge message has gone bye bye.

I have no clue as to why or how the original merge history can be made
permanent.  Perhaps Sami knows.

> The oom flag should be a configure option. Either --enable-blah or
> --disable-blah depending if it is default on or off.

It'll be in ./configure --help after you run autogen.sh.  Look for
'--enable_oomem'.

> I thought the library name was going to be libproc-ng so there is no
> clash?

It was changed to libproc-ng-3.3.0 and the internal version will display as
procps-ng 3.3.0.

Regards,
Jim