[procps] Re: procps changes

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:22:24 -0500

On Sep 26, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Craig Small wrote:

> Last of all, any suggestions on the best way to merge Sami's changes and
> the main procps tree?  I could do a diff off them and then patch it but
> I didn't know if there was a way of keeping Sami's history in the main
> tree.

Hi Craig,

I think there's a small oops in the autogen.sh script so don't try to merge
just yet.  I'm doing some more testing on Fedora, Suse and Mint and will advise
shortly.

Also, I wonder if Sami might wish to integrate some/all of his 'style-fixes'
too.  He's put a lot of effort into that recently.

Here's what I've been doing locally and what might work on the real master
under ssh.  But I would try a test branch first.
 git pull git://gitorious.org/~kerolasa/procps/sami-procps-ng.git ng

Regards,
Jim

p.s. Sorry about the earlier 'distclean' business.  I had no real appreciation
for the black magic Sami has wrought with autotools.  Nor have I any experience
generating packages, just consuming 'em.