[procps] Re: procps changes

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 02:06:54 -0500

On Sep 28, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Sami Kerola wrote:

> Could the 'wrong permissions' be a cause of your umask?
>
> $ umask
> 0022

Hi Sami,

I found the source of my permission problems.  My umask was 0027 whereas root's
umask was 0022.  But shouldn't install ensure proper permissions on the
directories it creates rather than rely on whimsy?

Please forgive my ignorance, but there are some additional questions I would
deeply appreciate help on.

1) Can I somehow produce stripped programs during an install?
2) Is it possible to pass make a define similar to 'gcc ... -DOOM_ENABLE'?
3) How do you personally determine all possible targets in an unfamiliar
Makefile?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

p.s. For what its worth, your ng branch merges flawlessly with the current
master.