[procps] Re: procps changes

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 04:10:05 -0500

On Sep 21, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Sami Kerola wrote:

> I just made a test, and found upstream master will still merge without
> problems with my master branch, which has autotools. I have another
> branch called `ng' which changes the name, and requires the autotools
> change. Could someone consider reviewing the patch set, and assuming
> that all is OK merge these to upstream.

Hi Sami,

I tried a merge and build of your ng branch.

The patch below represents the changes I made for a successful build.  I also
added strverscmp to be safe since it's used in a top macro.  I'm an autotools
newbie so my changes may not be the most proper.

I don't know if it can or should be automated, but after my "install" I needed
to manually update ldconfig for the dynamic library default location.

Lastly, do you think that libproc-3.3.0 should also carry the "ng" identifier?
Albert's version may shortly be at the same level and that would avoid a name
collision.

Regards,
Jim

p.s. It looks like you did a very thorough job of updating all references to
procps as well as the documentation and runtime messages dealing with bug
reporting.