Re: [PCWorks] Hidden files and folders.

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:16:29 -0500

Well, glad it worked.

Actually Harold, you could make more mistakes by manually
editing the registry than importing a reg file.  Once you're
sure the reg file is correct that is.  Then simply import it.
There's thousands of duplicate sub-keys in the registry, so if
you search for, or someone tells you to search for, something
like "SHOWALL", it could be found in a bunch of different keys.
Now I'm NOT saying that SHOWALL shows in many keys, I'm only
using that as an example.  So in a situation like that you
could end up going to the wrong main key, and editing the wrong
sub-key.  You can't mess up a reg file, mess with it all you
want, THEN when you're sure it's correct it can then be
imported, and to the correct location.

They are also a big time-saver.  I have loads of reg files
saved for various fixes and tweaks, and when I install a new
main HD or reformat, I can click away at the files instead of
having to manually search for each key and manually make the
changes.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner