-=PCTechTalk=- Re: general advice on a laptop

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:34:21 EST

In a message dated 12/31/03 7:24:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
inquisitive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> oh my lord!  I got tired just reading about what I am going to have to put
> in that case!  So let's see if the laptop weighs 9 pounds with the battery
> then I need to figure about 10 more for equipment?  Whew I wonder if this is
> such a good idea - but I do still need/want one for when I can't sit at my
> desktop computer - I've had 2 back surgeries and I am counting on being able
> to be in a comfortable position with the laptop.  With the wireless mouse,
> you would have to have the laptop sitting on something right?  otherwise how
> would you be able to work the mouse.  I did figure I would need a carrying
> case and would not have realized the size would effect the price of the
> case.  After everything you mentioned, as far as the refurbished laptop you
> got, were you happy with that?  I hesitate to go refurbished but probably if
> bought from a reputable place with at least some sort of limited warranty it
> might be okay.  This is good info though and I do appreciate all the food
> for thought!  Now I think I need to go take some Rolaids :-(  Dolores

Dolores
   I use mine in bed..... and use the touchpad rather than a wireless mouse.
I put the computer on my lap or at my side.  Been doing this for YEARS.
   Please read my post, too, which followed the above you commented on.

MJH
"The Basil Book"
http://foxhillfarm.us/FireBasil