-=PCTechTalk=- Re: browser options please!

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:27:07 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Cris,
I like Avant and Firefox. They are smaller and safer and more user friendly
than IE in my opinion. Avant is very small and will open any page that IE
will. As for taking over, when you install another browser or open it for
the first time, it will ask you if you want to make it your default browser.
Just click no, and it shouldn't be a problem. But after you use another one
for awhile, you may change your mind.

Jo Ann

From: Cris
Date: 06/13/05 20:06:27
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- browser options please!

I still can't view that web page. On top of that, my
daughter was to set up her account for the college that she
will be attending. The links on their web site weren't
showing up either! At this point, I have very little hair
left on my head from trying to figure this out.

We managed to get the old dell online, and she was able to
create her account with it. It does not have service pack2
or updates though - and it's anti-virus is out of date, so I
hate going online with it.

so - what browser can I run along with my internet explorer?
what doesn't take up a ton of space? and I still want to
keep my Internet Explorer as my default. What won't try to
take over control? Mozilla?

I know there are a lot of people here who hate IE, so now is
your time to tell me all about your favorites and why!!
PLEASE !!! <grin>

thanks!!

Cris