-=PCTechTalk=- Re: browser options please!

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:25:35 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Glen
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:14 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: browser options please!

Which website?     this is one -

http://www.oregonpatchworks.com/items.php?did=30273&pid=43613

Which browser are you using to try to view the
webpage?
Internet explorer

Are you using a firewall?
yes, Kerio - but I disabled it and I still couldn't view the web page. I also
disabled my anti-virus, my pop up stoppers, microsoft's beta spyware thing -
and anything else like that I could think of.

What type of connection do you use?
cable modem -

Do you use a router?
yes - my computer is the main one - the only other working computer right now
is wireless. the others would be wired if they were working.

Which anti-virus are you using?
Norton - not sure what it is - my son's friend put it on for me. It's just an
anti-virus tho - not anything else.

Do you get any little icons or notifactions in your
browser? Say in the bottom left of your browser or at
the top, just under the buttons above the webpage
itself?
not exactly sure what you mean by this -
on the bottom left, there is an e for explorer - and if I move my curser I see
the links for what my curser is over. On the right bottom is the internet
security logo and the privacy report logo to click on.

Glen

--- Cris <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I still can't view that web page. On top of that, my
>
> daughter was to set up her account for the college
> that she
> will be attending. The links on their web site
> weren't
> showing up either! At this point, I have very little
> hair
> left on my head from trying to figure this out.
>
> We managed to get the old dell online, and she was
> able to
> create her account with it. It does not have service
> pack2
> or updates though - and it's anti-virus is out of
> date, so I
> hate going online with it.
>
> so - what browser can I run along with my internet
> explorer?
> what doesn't take up a ton of space? and I still
> want to
> keep my Internet Explorer as my default. What won't
> try to
> take over control? Mozilla?
>
> I know there are a lot of people here who hate IE,
> so now is
> your time to tell me all about your favorites and
> why!!
> PLEASE !!! <grin>
>

> thanks!!
>
> Cris