-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP BSOD When Attempting Wireless Network

  • From: "tempting2taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:27:24 -0600

Ok, I opened network connections and opened the LAN properties, but my LAN
was disabled.  Should it be enabled?  And just trying out something, I
checked the "allow other network users to connect through this computer's
internet connection."  Don't know exactly what that means.  Should it be
checked?  Just to see what happened, I tried disabling the wireless adapter,
and the infamous BSOD occurred.  Here's other information that might be
pertinent (or not).  The laptop did not have an internal wireless adapter,
so I used the adapter that came with the router (it fits in the PCMCIA
slot).  Included was software to manage the wireless adapter.  I installed
the software, but later opted to have Windows manage my wireless adapter.
Could this software be causing conflict?  I don't know if the software has
an actual name, it just had "Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter."  However,
it is currently not running.  The blue screens appear to happen when I
attempt to repair a wireless connection or if I attempt to disable the
wireless adapter. After the blue screen (I attempted to disable the wireless
adapter as a test) I looked in event viewer and noted the following error
message:

The DHCP allocator has detected a DHCP server with IP address 192.168.15.1
on the same network as the interface with IP address 192.168.0.1.  The
allocator has disabled itself on the interface in order to avoid confusing
DHCP clients.

I followed the link to the Help and Support Center, but no information was
displayed.

I hope this information is helping!