-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP BSOD When Attempting Wireless Network

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:36:10 -0500

It's a bit dangerous to use a wireless router without any ability to connect
at least one computer to it with an ethernet cable.  If the wireless part of
the router ever loses connectivity, you'll completely lose the ability to
connect to it and fix the issue.  So, make sure you always have a known
working ethernet cable on hand that you can use to connect to the router.

And you won't be able to take a screenshot of the BSOD since they only come
up after Windows freezes itself to prevent further problems.  You'll need to
physically write down the error.

There are still a couple of unanswered questions.

1. Have you been able to get ANY internet activity at all through the laptop
in question?

2. Are you connected to the internet with a high speed connection like DSL
or Cable?

3. Are any other computers using that router other than the two laptops?

Happy Holidays,
Gman