-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows XP BSOD When Attempting Wireless Network

  • From: "tempting2taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:01:54 -0600

Hi:

I am thankfully off for four wonderful days and am finally able to turn my
attention to searching this blue screen error code.  I had to set my laptop
not to auto-restart after a system error.  I checked the box in system
properties, rebooted and proceeded to disable the wireless adapter to
trigger the blue screen.  Instead of a blue screen, the laptop screen went
black, then let out one long beep, then restarted.  So, after the restart, I
checked to make sure the option to not auto-restart was still unchecked and
it was.  So, I turned the other laptop on to see if having the shared
connection would trigger the blue screen.  I also did some looking around
through network connections.  After looking through network connections and
not making any changes, I clicked the OK radio button and the laptop
blue-screened and restarted (even though it was not supposed to restart).
After windows loaded I received a message stating the system had recovered
from a serious error and I did get an error signature:

BCCode:  9c     BCP1:   00000000        BCP2:   8054E0F)        BCP3:
A2000000        BCP4:   84010400        OSVer:  5_1_2600

SP:     3_0     Product:        768_1

I don't know if this will help or not.