-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Start Up problems

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:00:05 -0400

The software adds a single functionality to the UPS that allows it to
communicate with the system through a USB port to shut down your system
automatically (and properly) as though you yourself had clicked on Start >
Shut Down > Shut down.  It's a nice feature to have if you leave the system
on while you're away at work, but it's not a deal breaker if the software
doesn't support your operating system.  As Lil stated, it is still a
perfectly GREAT alternative to using nothing more than a simple surge
protector.

Peace,
Gman