-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:34:19 -0500

Al,
She can get to Internet tools through Control Panel.  She does not need
to have IE open.  I am not sure what she will find there that will help
solve the problem.  Did you check to see if she has allowed IE to be
active on the machine?  If she is using XP ( I can't remember), there
should be a place in Add\Remove Programs in the Control Panel to select
default programs.  In addition to selecting default programs one can also
choose to allow access to programs.  Browsers are one of these
categories.  Perhaps with the MSN browser enabled, the option to use IE
is set to not allow.  Maybe this will help.  Sorry I can't be a bit more
specific,  I am no longer running XP and this option seems to not be a
part of 2003 Server which I now run along with Me and 98SE.
Dave

http://www.geocities.com/wooledge001_/
http://www.mental-health-advocate.us
------------------------------

From: "Albert Bundt,DCB" <albert.bundt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:45:50 -0800

1. This isn't only when trying to use Netzero. She has MSN 9 also. But
when
she boots up if she selects netzero she will get the connectoid connect
and
the band will come on top. The one with the ads etc but not the IE6. The
IE
will not open at all so we can not go to the usuall internet tools, etc.

2. The only thing we have been able to figure out to attempt to do is to
delete the IE and reinstall but so far she is having problems deleting
it.
( It is being used it says) renaming doesn't work. I think she might have
gotten a virus as she has a couple of the dlls like msiesh.dll . I am
hoping
she can work through it with out a new install of her windows because she
has an emachine.

Thanks AL