-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backup and latest Ghost (12.0)

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:28:31 -0500

Roger,
    While I have used the term myself on occasion (not lately, though), what
exactly IS "baited breath"?      ;o}

    Ok, so you should be able to restore ALL of your apps by reinstalling
them, with the sole exception of 'Drag'n DropCD+DVD'.  That is excellent
news indeed!  Before we go any farther, I would very much like for you to go
ahead and reinstall at least one of the apps whose icons are not as they
should be.  I just want to make absolutely sure that the icons will return
instead of assuming the first sentence of this paragraph is written in
stone.  If you tell me that it worked, I will outline an idea that just
might allow you to extract and install 'Drag'n DropCD+DVD' from the recovery
CDs.

    As for the Zip file, I will try to get to that sometime today.  There
are a few things I am working on right now, but I do not expect them to take
up my entire computing session.  I will certainly let you know when it
becomes available.         :O)

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"