-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG HELP PLEASE

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:33:25 -0400

Cristy,
    If she's not addicted like the rest of us, she may not even know how to
recognize a problem like an AV program that no longer updates its definition
files.  There are still some good, free AV apps other than AVG that are
available for folks to use (ClamWin comes to mind as one of them), but you
often get what you pay for when it comes to security apps.  It may be in her
best interest to bite the bullet and get herself something a bit stronger if
she has any intention of increasing her time on the computer.  Otherwise,
going with a different free AV might be plenty for her needs.  It really
depends on what types of things she does when she does go online.

Peace,
Gman