-=PCTechTalk=- AVG HELP PLEASE

  • From: "Patricia" <rhekay@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:33:32 -0400

I have a friend who bought a laptop at a flea market....we installed Free AVG
7.5 on it
then we updated to the newest version when it came out.

He kept getting the windows update notice but could not update because his XP
could not be validated....go figure!

Anyway he decided to go ahead and order the XP with microsoft so he could be
legit and update his laptop...........

Now AVG 8 wont recognize the validated XP .......I cant use the uninstall from
the program menu......I cannot go to add/remove to uninstall Avg ........I get
an error............I even tried to uninstall in Safe Mode...NO GO.

I tried to reinstall over it to see if that fixed the error...still have the
problem...I dont have the exact error as I am on my pc now but can get it later
today.

I went and did a search for uninstalling avg...and got a forum and printed out
what they suggested..........which was this:

please download the latest AVG installation installation file from the Download
section of our website

this page brings you to Free AVG set up exe....but I did find a file there

but have NO IDEA what to do with it...its an f8all138vd.bin file

any suggestion PLEASE!