[pchelpers] Re: sending emails from apartment

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:45:49 +1300

G.R. Hanson wrote:
> I'm not having any issues with gmail and Firefox.  Works great.
> I was just wanting to be able to reply using Thunderbird as that is what is
> not working here.
> I am sending this wireless, but there is a cable I can plug into my laptop
> if I so desire.  I get the same results when I am plugged in though.  I
> checked.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, jmacwhirter <jmacwhirter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Well use the Gmail account then it has to be web based.  As long as its a
>> web based mail you should be able to use it I only use thunderbird once in
>> awhile ... Its good to have more than one browser try your gmail with
>> another browser.  Remenber your internet is wifi based.. Jackie

Possible courses of action might be:
1) Download and install a fresh copy of Thunderbird.
2) Contact your ISP techs to check Thunderbird settings, run tests and
get advice from those who run the internet service in your area.
3) Run all possible maintainance to ensure files are ok.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 571215671   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786