[pchelpers] sending emails from apartment

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <rena.hanson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:35:11 -0500

I am at an apartment in New Orleans.  They provide wireless access.  (from
Cox)
I can receive email in Thunderbird, and I can surf the net.
What I can't do is reply to emails or send emails from Thunderbird.
I get this error when I try:
And error occured when sending mail.  The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting.
Cannot connect to SMTP server 208.180.40.68 (208.180.4.68:25) Connect error
10060

So, I CAN send mail if I go to Firefox and log into gmail.  But I would like
to send mail from Thunderbird and be able to click reply to reply to mail.

Any suggestions?