[pchelpers] Re: (modem.cpl)

  • From: "pchelp" <pchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:45:07 -0600

Cyril mentioned an important point here to be sure that you check the
add/remove....BUT check the software also.  Some modem drivers put a line in
the add/remove software and if not removed  no matter what you put it it
will try to put that driver in for what is in the list.

Now, one other thing to mention, relative to your error message.  I have had
a file there in my computer, the right one and everything  BUT it wouldn't
work.  Apparently corrupted but not outwardly showing it.  Just delete it
and copy it from another computer or extract it from the cd and see it that
takes care of your problem.

Robert McLellan