[pchelpers] Re: (modem.cpl)

  • From: "John Ford" <john.ford1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:53:35 -0500

Don,

I am not sure which OS you are using, but if its a newer version of Windows
98 or later, when you install a new device and then reboot your machine
after installation, the plug and play feature should find all of the
hardware installed or at least acknowledge that it is there. I would first
check in BIOS to make sure that all of the slots are recognized before
attempting to install the new modem. It may be that even though you have
physically installed the modem into a slot that BIOS does not recognize for
any reason, you would get the error you describe. Check that out and let us
know. And, I hope that you are feeling better.

John F