[pchelpers] (modem.cpl)

  • From: Donald Bieber <the-picture-man@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:06:58 -0500

When I go to install a modem on this one particular computer, I get an
error message that says:

"Setup cannot load the installer (modem.cpl) for the modem hardware being
installed. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance."

The file "modem.cpl" is in the Windows/System directory right where it
should be, I checked another computer with the same OS to be sure it was
at the right place.

I have tried to install 3 different modems and got the same message.

There are no references in the CMOS to the/a modem or any IRQ's that are
not assigned to the PCI slots, which are the only cards installed, no ISA

Any suggestions?

cu,
Don Bieber, The-Picture-Man

PS  I haven't done drugs since the 60's 'cause I find I get the same
effect just by standing up really fast
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.