[pchelpers] Re: antitrojan help

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:46:38 +0300

Hi Billy

> I thank you all who have sent url's and programs for detecting Trojans, but
> it's Trojan destroyer I need,  all of these programs tell me what I already
> know, that I have a trojan called etc and please run AVG to get rid of it.
>
> I went to the AVG site and it told me to close and disable "restore" feature
> in XP so I did and ran AVG, and it still can't get rid of this trojan.  I'm
> now ready with a 12 guage and am pointing it at the "c" drive, will this rid
> me of this troublesome beast if I pull the trigger..........mind you I'm
> open to any reasonable suggestions as to do it properly.

Looks like you didn't read my directions or those on the sites i sent
very carefully. There were even directions for removing any trojan
manually. In addition, i also spent a lot of time researching before i
sent you links with the best trojan destroyer program, which is also
free for 30 days.

All you probably have to do is the first thing i said, i.e. restart your
computer in safe mode before running AVG. They say this on the AVG page
too; the other advice there about disabling System Restore is not enough
and perhaps not even necessary:
www.grisoft.com/faq/us_faqtext.php?id=224&sid=25

If that doesn't work, get this
http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

Please do these things in this order and let me know what happens.

If all else fails, here are the manual removal instructions for any trojan:
www.nohack.net/detection.htm

I've never actually removed a trojan with anything except AVG. Are you
saying the online scanners tell you there is a trojan but can't do
anything about it?!

Ek