[pchelpers] antitrojan help

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:02:38 +0300

Hi Billy

The reason AVG can't remove the trojan is that it's already running. All
you probably have to do is restart your puter in safe mode and then run AVG.

If that doesn't work, try Ctrl+Alt+Del and see if you can find and stop
the most suspicious processes without crashing your puter (-: -- don't
waste time, nerves, and too many system crashes on this since the slyest
trojans don't show up there anyhow -- and then run AVG again. You might
want to read something about this first though:
www.nohack.net/detection.htm
(the best info i've found on this on the Net so far!)

You seem to have picked up a rare and interesting pest; only very few
Google hits. Mostly Kaspersky sites (early May), so you might try
running their online scan first:
www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html

Chances are AVG will be able to get rid of it as soon as they provide a
new update.

Have you tried other online scanners? Here are all that i know:

www.trojanscan.com
www.bitdefender.com
www.thefreecountry.com/security/antivirus.shtml
www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/AVLoad.asp
housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
www.ravantivirus.com/scan/
www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
www.krazee.unstman.btinternet.co.uk/page11.html
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9059
www.e2chameleon.btinternet.co.uk/online.htm
www.freeprogrammingresources.com/virusscan.html

AVG's manual trojan removal instructions:
www.grisoft.com/faq/us_faqtext.php?id=224&sid=25

Amazingly well-written, detailed trojan removal info
www.nohack.net/detection.htm
www.nohack.net/trojans.htm
www.nohack.net/antivirus.htm

This is supposedly the best antitrojan program according to many
reputable sources, and it's free for 30 days:
http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

don't know about these:
http://anti-trojan.com
www.staynew.com/~rod/index2.php