[pchelpers] Re: antitrojan help

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:12:53 +0300

Yes, i also prefer to try to learn from problems and by fixing instead
of reinstalling everything.

If you post here
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?s=6ddd128e5fb95207a1d74a1b17575cda&showforum=32
i'm sure you'll get a very friendly and competent answer and solution soon.

But you sound like you have enough experience to find the culprit
yourself. According to your answer to Ed's questions, you should be able
to delete the trojan simply by turning off System Restore, because
that's where you say it is. When you turn System Restore off correctly,
it deletes that folder. But the trojan is probably elsewhere too.

Did you turn off System Restore *and* then immediately restart Windows
in safe mode *and* run AVG? If you did all that and AVG can't kill it,
that would be the first case i've seen of AVG not working correctly,
especially since it found the trojan. Try downloading a different
antivirus program. This would really interest me and probably you and
many others if another program would handle this pest better than AVG.

Have you tried following these directions?:
www.nohack.net/detection.htm

I just sent an email to the TDS-3 people. It definitely does not say
that the program will only detect and not delete during the 30-day trial
period. If it doesn't delete, you can't see if and how it works. That is
a scam not used by trustworthy companies.

Ek