[pchelpers] Re: Help please

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cy Halbach <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:41:34 -0500

Hi Cy,

Monday, July 21, 2003, 1:45:39 PM, you wrote:

CH>     Also since it is in zip format, it may NOW have the capability of doing
CH> a complete restore by adding new and only updating the changed files to your
CH> current backup.  Now that would be a real asset since that would mean your
CH> next backup would only take minutes instead of hours.  I will have to test
CH> that too when I get a chance.

Updating a ZIP file means making a new copy of it with the changes,
and then deleting the old copy.  So, you'd need space for both the old
and new copy.

As for restoring, you could probably use your favorite ZIP program
(like WinZip or whatever) to restore specific files, unless Back4Win
or whatever puts a password on the files or otherwise makes them
unusable by standard ZIP utilities.

--Scott.