[pchelpers] Re: Help please

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:58:42 -0500

Not familiar with these kinds of restore programs could someone tell me how
you take a trashed hdd or a brand-new one and restore an operating system
from a zip file.  You would have to have something that would fdisk your
drive, format it, and sys it and then expand your zip file to it.

I have an 80 gig drive with 63 gig on it.  I would need @ a40 gig backup
file as I understand it.  Why wouldn't I be ahead to have another 80 gig and
duplicate the drive.  One goes out, you switch the jumpers, and you are
running.  Time should be about 5 minutes.  There are synching programs that
are from free to reasonable.

more info if you please!  :-)

Bob McLellan