[pchelpers] Re: Help please

  • From: "Cy Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:45:39 -0400

    Inge, I did a test using Back4All since I could not get a clean download
of Back4Win. Seems like it downloaded corrupted both times. If you were able
to back up your entire system using that program that is great. especially
if the files are backed up in Zip format. I looked at the Backup I did and
the files are stored in zip format so that it appears you could actually
restore individual files or programs rather easily.  I have not used it to
do a complete restore. However when I have some time I might just try it.
    Also since it is in zip format, it may NOW have the capability of doing
a complete restore by adding new and only updating the changed files to your
current backup.  Now that would be a real asset since that would mean your
next backup would only take minutes instead of hours.  I will have to test
that too when I get a chance.

    Cy