[pchelpers] Re: Help please

  • From: "Cy Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:00:35 -0400

   Inge,
I downloaded Back4Win and have not yet tried it.  My point in responding to
your email is just to give you some idea of what I have chosen to do after
many years of experience.  Having a second drive which is large enough to
hold a compressed copy of your entire C: drive I a real asset.  It is very
nice to have such a copy if ever your Primary Hard Drive goes back and you
have to install a replacement.  Depending on how large the backup is , in
case of a disaster you can restore your entire C:\ drive with all the
programs etc. in less than an hour.  I personally use Drive Image but there
are other programs such as Ghost etc.
    Te only disadvantage there might be is when you want to do a partial
restore of your data or something else. The it would be an advantage to have
an additional backup of your data which could easily be restored without
restoring the entire C:\drive.  However if you are conscientious about
backing up the drive prior to installing a new program that messes up etc,
then a half hour to one hour to restore or recover the C: drive is not a
high price to pay.
    Just some thoughts, no doubt you will hear from some who currently use
Back4Win.

      Cy