Re: Virtualbox images for EM 12c, DataGuard, RAC, GoldenGate / run multiple simultaneous OL5 images on Win7?

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dananrg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:35:01 +0100

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Dana Nibby <dananrg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks and yes. I may be thinking of Citrix Xen. Anyone use the free version
> of Xen for Oracle virtualization in a learning / educational context?

Hi Dana,

For RAC you can use shared disks feature from VirtualBox or install
openfiler or ZFS Applicance as next VM and share disk via NFS/iSCSI.

If you are looking for Oracle VM for home usage take a look on my last
post - http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/2012/06/oracle-vm-at-home.html
(it include links to Yury Velikanov posts as well)

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com