Re: Virtualbox images for EM 12c, DataGuard, RAC, GoldenGate / run multiple simultaneous OL5 images on Win7?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:25:57 +0100

I was about to ask much the same question. I know that some versions of
Oracle had difficulties running on operating systems that weren't released
when they were (not unreasonable) but I don't recall many issues with
Oracle on Windows versions other than the "basic" editions, which no-one
not even a windows fan should buy anyway.
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Taylor, Chris David <
ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "None of the Oracle 'server' products play nicely with any Windows 'Home'
> variant."
>
> How so?  I have both 10.2 and 11.2 versions running on my Windows 7 home
> edition.  And I don't remember any problems with my XP box.  (Other than
> the -ignoresysprereqs flag needed to get the installer to quit squawking
> about kernel versions)
>
> Chris Taylor
>
> "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent
> effort."
> -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)
>
> Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not
> necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its
> subsidiaries or its employees.
>
> A lot of good info in your last post.  Definitely a keeper.
>
> Personal Edition is designed to be used on Windows 7, any of the Pro
> editions.  None of the Oracle 'server' products play nicely with any
> Windows 'Home' variant.
>
> Have fun
> /Hans
>

> --