RE: Virtualbox images for EM 12c, DataGuard, RAC, GoldenGate / run multiple simultaneous OL5 images on Win7?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx'" <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>, 'Dana Nibby' <dananrg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:09:11 -0500

"None of the Oracle 'server' products play nicely with any Windows 'Home'
variant."

How so?  I have both 10.2 and 11.2 versions running on my Windows 7 home
edition.  And I don't remember any problems with my XP box.  (Other than the
-ignoresysprereqs flag needed to get the installer to quit squawking about
kernel versions)

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.

A lot of good info in your last post.  Definitely a keeper.

Personal Edition is designed to be used on Windows 7, any of the Pro editions.
None of the Oracle 'server' products play nicely with any Windows 'Home'
variant.

Have fun
/Hans