Re: 10g RAC -- Multiple DB's and mixed OS

  • From: John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:20:49 -0700 (PDT)

The outfit that I work for has done both many times. RAC on Winders is always a
nightmare both during setup and then operationally. I'm familiar with a number
of sites that have tried and given up on RAC/Windows. It's just too
unmanageable, too unstable, too costly in terms of time. Any flavor *ix is
better. Personally I don't really like RAC on Linux, but that wasn't part of
the question.

my .02

john

David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: so a complete MS shop with no
linux experience will be able to run RAC on linux far easier than on windows.
Uh huh.

 and all the people that run it on windows successfully are just kidding
themselves?

 On 04/04/06, John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  RAC, 10g, Winders -
Don't do it, you won't be able to sleep nights.

Dissimilar operating systems not allowed. Must be identical platforms.

If Linux is available as a choice, make both nodes Linux, you will be much
happier, even if it's a completely MS shop!