Re: 10g RAC -- Multiple DB's and mixed OS

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:21:33 -0700

Ok, possibly naive on my part, but Jeff doesn't seem to quite agree with
you.

And I'm still curious about the other half:  how much influence can be
exerted over windows development?

Windows may be more stable than in the past, but it still has warts.

* drive letters
* very non-scriptfriendly commands
* the shell sucks
* the robust builtin in pipes are nearly useless from the command line
* did I mention drive letters?
* services cannot be counted on to start reliably on reboot

--
Jared Still