Re: optacon reading

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:36:34 EDT

As I said earlier, I've always read braille with my left hand and I use the
left hand to read the optacon. I probably have a very stubborn streak because
my left arm was shattered in an auto accident in 1980. I had to strengthen it
again to work my guide dog and I had little trouble using the optacon, but even
though it was a little difficult for me, I was determined I'd read braille
again with my left hand so I took the time to make it work. I honestly think it
might have taken less effort for me to get used to reading braille with my
right hand, but I simply didn't want to. If I absolutely have to, I can read
braille with my right hand, but it's a lot slower for me. That's strange
because
I'm mainly righthanded.

Gail