[opendtv] Re: Visit at Best Buy

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:02:01 -0800

Promoting the digital PTC is a stupid idea: it will only cause confusion.
Most stations will never use their DTV ptc after transition, and many
stations do not TODAY know what their ultimate channel will be (for example,
when current and DTV channels are non-core.)  Promoting RF channels is a
significant investment.  Stations are loathe to change callsigns, and avoid
changing RF.  Advertising confusing channel numbers don't make sense.

Besides -- aside from RF issues like antenna choice; RF channels are passe.
Virtual (major/minor or one-value) is the future.

From: "Doug McDonald" <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>