[opendtv] Re: News: Ditch Your TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:45:20 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Ciril Kosorok wrote:
>>
>> He's too kind. It's not inferior, it's downright crap on a
>> 50" screen!
>
> Kinda depends on the service. Videos I have purchased from the
> iTunes store look great on my 50" screen. But download times are
> a factor on my DSL service that maxes out at about 1.5 mbps.

Well, obviously, Craig. If you download ahead of time, and give yourself
all the download time you need, any big enough file can look good. The
question here is live streaming.

However, no problem. That article had such an obvious blind spot, I'm
surprised you didn't pick up on it.

Everything it said about the economy driving people to save on luxuries
like hefty cable bills, everything it said about how much of what's
offered on the Internet is free, is also true for FOTA TV. The obvious
conclusion being, a combination of FOTA TV and Internet TV (not IPTV)
will be a good way to get your TV fix, both live and on demand, without
being saddled with a monthly fee.

Go back, read the article again, and tell me why the author forgot that
FOTA TV exists.