[opendtv] Re: News: Ditch Your TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:13:59 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Perhaps, but the broadcasters show even less competence than
> Detroit when it comes to giving consumers what they want.

Detroit was giving them all the obese, blunt, inefficient, SUV behemoths
they were clamoring for, Craig. Their mypia, IMO, was in not proceeding
post haste with fuel efficient vehicle design, knowing full well that
gasoline prices over the long haul would only keep going up.

As far as I'm concerned, Detroit's problems are caused primarily by the
buying public. Secondarily by management that couldn't see the future
past its collective nose.

> Sorry Bert, but there is little risk that Free OTA TV will
> make a comeback.

We shall see.