[opendtv] Re: News: Ditch Your TV

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:37:42 -0800

i.e.
<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122887051709693341.html?mod=djemEditorialPa
ge>

John Willkie

-----Mensaje original-----
De: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] En
nombre de John Willkie
Enviado el: Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:10 PM
Para: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: [opendtv] Re: News: Ditch Your TV

Peter;

The -- hopefully dead -- "auto bailout" is actually a United Auto Workers
subsidy.

The CAFÉ (corporate average fuel economy) rules ALSO limit the number of
cars that these automakers can import from non-NAFTA countries, as well
placing limits on "imports" from NAFTA countries.

And, few Americans want these small cars.  Fuel here is now around $1.50 per
gallon; when fuel prices got to about half the European prices -- $4.00 a
gallon, or about $1.00 a liter) there wasn't a rush to smaller cars, there
was just disinterest in buying cars.  The automakers with Hybrids just upped
their prices, and slightly increased production.

Now, there are plenty of Hyprids to buy, but little customer interest.

John Willkie