[opendtv] Re: Louisiana governor blasts faulty wireless networks

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:32:41 -0400

There seem to be two varities of these 'crank' powered devices:
One is more or less a wind up type generator (a la the spring wound
phonograph) that will provide output until the spring
unwinds, while the other is a hand cranked generator charging a battery
or a large capacitor of several farads.
Are they referred to in the same way or are distinctions made between them?
I think I'd rather buy the wind up generator rather than the hand
cranked one although I would imagine the later is less expensive.