[opendtv] Re: Louisiana governor blasts faulty wireless networks

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:19:18 -0700

Jeez, John, and you're a broadcast engineer.

Just how much harder would it have been for an 8-VSB broadcaster, were they
desirous, to switch to COFDM in an emergency?  It would have taken about 10
minutes longer to hook up the COFDM exciter to the power amp.

Some people will go to any length to favor their preferred modulation
schemes.  Just look what the General did to Armstrong!

John Willkie

P.S.  Much more power consumption would have been involved in receiving the
signals, and this in a city with no AC power.  THINK: batteries, and they
last longer in in service radios than in TVs.  Cell phone batteries?  Leave
them for cell phone calls.