[opendtv] Re: Louisiana governor blasts faulty wireless networks

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:29:04 -0700

Nat;

All the world looks likes nails, when you're a hammer.

Battery operated satellite receivers would seem to be a work-around, or
those mobile sat receivers in Escalades come to mind.

Yes, a Hurricane in New Orleans means that it's difficult for you in
Maryland to watch local TV stations from the scene.

People in trouble want long-lasting radio batteries.  TV batteries last
minutes of use; radio batteries last weeks.

You can watch the disaster on your TV.  People in New Orleans aren't
complaining about no TV; they're complaning about radio batteries, and cell
phone service (among communications needs.)