[opendtv] Re: How important are new Codecs wrt OTA Broadcasting?

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:52:52 -0500

The scientific part comes in with my begging all concerned to give me
the technology of the first prototype. That includes asking if that
technology is incorporated in these integrated DTV sets. No one at LG or
any other entity has suggested that the prototype technology was
available in any form.

The emphasis was always on improving the 5th gen Innotech tuner which
included the chip.

Bob Miller