[opendtv] Re: Garrison Keillor: Talk about obscenity

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:11:53 -0400

I probably should have provided a link to the Bono decision, which
indicates that not even newscasts are immune (even as it notes that a
newscast with prerecorded material that included "'repetitious'' use of
the 'F-Word' in a recording of a wiretap of an organized crime figure
broadcast on a newscast [was] not indecent because, inter alia, use of
the word was not gratuitous but rather 'was an integral part of a bona
fide news story'").
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2004/FCC-04-43A1.html

TTFN,
Mark