[opendtv] Re: Garrison Keillor: Talk about obscenity

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:56:36 -0700

By fcc ruling, presidential press conferences and carrying addresses by
qualified candidates for elective office are news, and have been for at
least two decades, Mark.

On the other hand, Entertainment Tonight is a bona-fide (fcc term) news
program, as is Larry King Live.  The advantage: you don't have to provide
equal time to all candidates in an election.

John "who has actually read the rulings and decisions" Willkie