[opendtv] Re: France goes DTV

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 00:21:16 +0100

DVB-S2 will go as high as 32 APSK. But don't expect to see that in any type
of mass market application or CE product. The new Pace HD H.264/mpeg2 HD
box, will only do 4 and 8 PSK. Companies like Thomson (sorry ST
Microsystems) only sell front-end chips limited to 4/8PSK.

My apologies for not trimming the thread below properly...

d.