[opendtv] Re: France goes DTV

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 08:35:07 -0600

Bob Miller wrote:
> Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
>

>>Bob Miller wrote:
>>

> Al, a test is a test. What does that have to do with anything? The
> proponents of 8-VSB's biggest argument against COFDM is and was the need
> for more power. That is what!
>
> And you are suggesting the 8-VSB can go lower power? All the early
> adopters on AVSForum talk about is how bad the low power of many
> broadcasters is now and how full power is the answer. No thought to
> SFN's, on channel repeaters or hey maybe we should consider a better
> modulation.

Yes indeed Bob ... there is a huge difference in
1 kW and 1Mw .... that is the ratio that a local station
went when it went from low to full power.

[SHOUTING]!!! IF IT HAD GONE COFDM AT THE SAME TIME
IT WOULD HAVE HAD TO USE TWICE THE AVERAGE POWER AND THREE
TIMES THE POWER BILLS TO GET THE SAME COVERAGE.

Boh ... most of America is NOT SFN country, at least not
unless it is a PAY SYSTEM with big bucks pay. America
is Big Stick country.

WILL YOU EVER LEARN?

Doug MCDonald