[opendtv] Re: France goes DTV

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:12:06 -0800

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 14:39 -0500, Bob Miller wrote:
> Not enough "whining" since we find ourselves still saddled with 8-VSB. I
> think Steve has the right attitude. We should have been doing what he
> suggest doing from 2000 on.
>
> How long should the citizens of Irag have complained about Saddam?
> Should they have quit after 10 or 20 years?

They didn't whine on a mailing list, and it took more than that to make
a change. In contrast you have been banging the complaint drum in much
the same way since way back when. No forward momentum, just the same
line. At this rate, we will still be using 8VSB and whining about it in
2020. If you have one, what's your plan? Steve at least seems to have
one (I am not sure if you can call draining people's legal funds a plan,
but anyway..). :)

Cheers
Kon