[opendtv] Re: France goes DTV

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:01:17 -0500

Doug McDonald wrote:

>I live in a place that is substantially worse, signal wise, than much of
>the US. For example, there are numerous high-rise buildings within
>three miles. Also, one station is shielded from me by a nearby hill.
>Numerous other are shielded from me by a thing called the Earth, with
>as much as a pile of dirt up to 350 feet high and 18 miles long.
>
>All work fine. This is a typical situation, or worse, than all of Illinois.
>
>Doug McDonald

I am sure that there is someone in Manhattan that will say "I live in
the worst RF hell hole in the world and get good 8-VSB reception." That
is STILL not the point.

How does someone explain this to Doug. A single example of good
reception does NOT fix the bad reception of the many no matter how many
times and in how many ways you describe it. You seem to suggest that
everyone that has bad reception is doing something wrong since it cannot
possible by 8-VSB. It is 8-VSB.

Bob Miller