[opendtv] Re: FCC's spectrum plan gives broadcasters food for thought

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 09:14:49 -0400

In Florida, likely. Everywhere else, if it's true that this return to OTA is occurring, my conclusion would be that the drop in network TV viewership is going to level off. In fact, I thought that CBS and Fox were not dropping, or at least, not for the weeks we quoted on here in a previous thread?

THere were some marginal gains for Fox and CBS last season, although overall the networks still lost audience share again.

Here is a good analysis:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/28/its-over-final-broadcast-primetime-network-ratings-for-2009-10-season/52692