[opendtv] Re: FCC's spectrum plan gives broadcasters food for thought

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:02:30 -0500

Ron Economos wrote:

> How long for IPTV to take over?

Exactly. And not really IPTV, which implies a walled garden like Uverse, but
Internet-delivered television. That's what will replace FOTA TV, I think, not
cable and DBS.

Richard Ramsden wrote:

> Bert's wife should be asking why broadcasters get billions of
> dollars worth of spectrum for free.
>
> Obama did NOT win because of television.  The age of TV is over.

Well, that's way overstated, Richard. I'll bet you that the vast majority of
Obama's exposure to the voters was via TV broadcasts from the major networks.
Not delivered OTA, probably not, but nevertheless it was exposure from NBC,
CBS, ABC, Fox.

Just because the news media hyped up how he also used social networking media
doesn't change anything. Had Obama not looked good and sounded articulate *on
TV*, for sure he would have lost.